Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Picking up Speed

How on God’s Green Earth are we already more than half way through June?

It seems like just yesterday I was just relieved to get through May, and now??? So much to do still even though so much has happened.

Well – here’s the condensed version.

We went to LA for the Broad Humor Film Fest – got treated like Rock Stars pretty much the whole time and won the AUDIENCE AWARD!!! That is actually the third award our film has won – after being awarded an Indie Award of Merit and an LA Movie Award Honorable Mention for Narrative Feature!

Yeah – ACTION!!!

And although I’d love to be able to rest on my collective Laurel Leaves:) I have so much work still to do!

I’m planning a friend’s comedy roast that is happening in one week that I’m the Roast Master for. I start teaching tomorrow afternoon for the first two week program that I’m doing this summer. I have a bunch of pre-pro to do for a pilot that we’re filming in just a few more weeks – AND we’re still working on getting distribution squared away for ACTION!!!

Luckily, we’re getting some distribution companies coming to us for a change AND people are starting to suggest me for additional work!
It’s kind of crazy. I started this blog to document my life changing completely and that’s exactly what’s happening. In just 6 short months I’ve gone from Random Chick Typing Occasionally on her Couch to Award Winning Filmmaker Typing Occasionally on her Couch.

I went from ‘wanting to travel’ in 2009 to someone who hit NYC, Chicago and Atlanta in the first two weeks of 2010 and is now scheduled to go to England, Ireland and South Africa before the year is up and just got back from LA!
This year has been AMAZING and it’s only half way over:D

I’ve had so many social engagements too. One of the things I started doing was selecting profile pictures of myself with other people to use as my default. It sounds like a silly thing maybe – but in always looking at pictures of myself WITH other people, I am reminded daily that I am surrounded by friends and people who love me and on the few recent occasions that I’ve spent evenings home alone, it’s only been because I WANTED to. (A girl needs some downtime after all!)

Admittedly I felt like I needed a little time to catch up to ME when I got home from LA less than a week ago – but now I finally feel like I’m ready to keep rolling forward. It’s a good thing too, because it looks like it’s ‘full speed ahead’ from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment