Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Staying Ahead of the Curve...

So last night I had a business meeting with one of my production partners. We got a lot done. We have a job that we're hoping to shoot on Friday the 12th.

Woo hoo!

And it's looking like the Sizzler will also be a 'go.' So - double woo hoo! With those pieces in the can AND Action!!! we'll have quite the schnazzy demo-reel for our little company and I JUST discovered an agent who helps match up advertisers with full service production companies.

Granted - commercials aren't my 'end all - be all,' but I do believe they can become a quick and easy revenue source and resume builder between larger projects.

I feel the wind-a-changin' :) Of course that could be because it's been CRAZY WINDY in Daytona the last couple of days!

It's funny - I had a really difficult time getting myself to my job yesterday because I was feeling kind of down. But I tried to think positive and 'suck it up' and went with a positive attitude and something really cool happened.

I had a great day.

But a huge part of that was changing my perspective. I was hired to be a promotions girl. And I'm great at it - I'll admit it. But I had my most successful day when I was honest with others about who I am and what I do. I very pleasantly told people when asked that I was an actress and a film producer and I wound up feeling happier, more confident and I made more money yesterday in spite of crappy weather than I'd made any of the other days so far.

I guess the trick is to always remember who you are.

Yes - I know who I am!

I am Hillary J. Walker - actress, singer, writer, producer, director, entrepreneur, friend, success and all around great person!

I promise I'm not bragging - just stating the facts:) You should state your facts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment