Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

The 'Gap' Narrows...

It's kind of crazy - but things are already really starting to turn around for me - so thank you!

It's reporting to you a few times a week that helps to keep me on track!

Yesterday was simply amazing. I got up early to write. I had to finish what we're calling a 'sizzler' script to promote a TV show that some of my business contacts have in development. I had to hand it over yesterday and if they like it, odds are that I'll get the opportunity to help produce it. If the pitch goes well - hopefully I'll get to work on the series - so viva la 'SIZZLER'!!!

I taught my acting student and actually finished a little bit early so I met another business partner for lunch and discussed the sizzler and few other projects we've been working on putting together.

When we parted company it was on to a quick fitting and photo shoot to promote a promotional event (no - I'm NOT being redundant - that's exactly what it was;)that I'll be doing with one of my improv troupe mates in March.

I managed to get out of there in time to take yet another somewhat impromptu meeting about producing another project for a new account that another friend's business just landed.

I can't believe how productive yesterday was!

So today I've been making some follow up calls, reconnecting with some old contacts, working some more on the pilot script for the series and blogging about how quickly things got so amazing.

I'll fill you in on one of my little secrets.

It's called my 'Dream Journal.'

In it I write entries as if things I'm trying to make happen have already happened. Like right now, in my dream journal, I'm living in a custom-built home on the river just a few miles from my production studio (neither of which have actually been built yet:)and promoting my newest film while getting ready for the Oscars and starting pre-production on my next major film.

I discovered the power of my 'Dream Journal' about a year and a half ago, but unfortunately I've been sporadic about keeping it. However - without fail - when I do write in it at least a couple times a week the 'gap' between my dreams and my reality closes little by little. It's crazy and amazing and powerful and I don't even understand why I 'lose motivation.'

But this blog is partly about accountability and as long as I keep checking in with you, I know I need to continue to do everything in my power to make progress. So I'll just keep keeping on.

It's so amazingly simple. For just a little over two weeks now I have redirected my energy and my thinking to being a producer. I have kept following up on Action!!!, I have updated a networking site for female artists and I have booked new gigs for the troupe and suddenly everyone is seeing me in a new light - just because I took the time to shine it on myself.

Anything is possible. No - that's not exactly right - EVERYTHING is possible. I just hope I don't run out of dreams when I actually am living in that custom house getting ready for the Oscars. But something tells me with my imagination, that's not likely to happen any time soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment